- Teacher quality influences student achievement more than any other school-based factor.
- Developing teacher understanding of learning increases instructional intentionality.
- Instructional materials should equip teachers for intentional, not scripted, instruction that produces deep student learning.
- Neurocognitive and related fields of research offer insights that can inform and improve instruction.
- It is a grave mistake not to be proactive in responding to current research and its implications for education.
- Ignoring research delays applying methods that improve learning and increase student achievement.
- Such delay allows individuals and organizations with interests other than student learning (e.g., profit) to define how and when research should be applied to teaching.